Molecular Plasticity is a large-format interactive show demonstrating through molecular biology that diversity can be advantageous. Mixing science, performance, classical and electronic music, dance, audiovisual projections, light and motion sensors, in a multi-sensory and participatory experience, Molecular Plasticity tells the story of the intrinsically disordered proteins, which were initially discarded for being “different”, and are now increasingly popular among the scientific community for their versatility and great potential. Molecular Plasticity offers an innovative, immersive, inclusive, and participatory experience of science outreach, and is led by LCATM in collaboration with the Computational and Structural Biology Group at the Aula Dei Experimental Station (CSIC).
CLIENT: LCATM has partnered with the Aula Dei Experimental Station to adapt their research content on intrinsically disordered proteins, to create, develop, and implement Molecular Plasticity in a number of venues. LCATM has from the Aula Dei Experimental Station to create, develop, and implement Molecular Plasticity in a number of venues.
PRODUCT: Interactive Science & Art Theatrical Performance
- Original idea and concept
- Development and writing of the proposal and application for financing from The Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT, from its Spanish initials)
- Consulting in the scientific content adaptation
- Artistic direction, choreography and staging
- Graphic image
- Original music
- Animation and creation of audiovisuals
- Video production and 2D animation
- Game dynamics
- Software design and development
- Communication, dissemination and marketing.