- To provide students with the opportunity to discover the process of adaptation by natural selection for themselves Specific:
- Understanding the process of natural selection that allows populations to adapt to the environment. This involves understanding the three conditions necessary for natural selection to work.
- Understanding that the effects of mutations depend on environmental conditions: a mutation is not a priori adaptive (good) or deleterious (bad); this depends on the environment they are in.
- Understanding the importance of variability: if there is no variability, populations will become extinct because it is not possible for them to adapt to change.
- Stimulate critical thinking: develop questions and draw conclusions based on observations made.
- Encourage group work (if appropriate).
CLIENT: LCATM has partnered with The Laboratory of Evolutionary and Functional Genomics, led by Dr. Josefa González at the Institute of Evolutionary Biology (CSIC-UPF) from Barcelona (‘González Lab’), and Catalunya La Pedrera Fundation.
PRODUCT: Interactive science educational resource.
- Original idea and concept
- Development and writing of the proposal and application for financing from Catalunya La Pedrera Fundation.
- Consulting in the scientific content adaptation
- Graphic image
- Original music
- Animation and creation of audiovisuals
- Game dynamics
- Software design and development
- Communication, dissemination and marketing.